The strip of Boones Ferry Road from its intersection with Tualatin Road to the Tualatin-Sherwood intersection has changed drastically through the years. On the east side, the Robinson’s brick store, erected in 1912, still stands, but was moved about 30 feet east a few years ago, and now serves as a restaurant with the Veterans of Foreign Wars using the upstairs.
A pumice stone post office stood between the brick store and the little building that had served as a variety store, restaurant and TV repair shop. Next was a service station that had many owners. Seneca Street housed what was called the “white store,” then a meat market, a shake shop, and Hanegan’s gas station. Across Nyberg Herman and Mary Silvey started a lumber company where Clark Lumber Company now does business. The Silvey sons, Vincent “Vint” and Don expanded the business and built a large building fronting Boones Ferry. The Silveys were all members of the Methodist Church next door, and the building’s clipped roof matched the church’s similar design.