Almost hidden from view behind the railroad tracks and a row of trees, sits a stately Southern Colonial home along Boones Ferry Road, built by John and Maria Sweek. The Sweeks, like other Oregon Trail pioneers
of 1853, lived in a log cabin for the first few years. Then in 1858 they began erecting the building we now call Sweek House. They called their place “Willowbrook,” naming it for the willows that grew along the creek.