Branch out this season, expand your canopy and fall into volunteering!
Every citizen can play a role in our community through volunteerism. The City of Tualatin offers many ways to welcome the changing season. Put your skills to use or learn a new skill through one of the many volunteer opportunities this fall:
- Be a Tech Tutor in the library and assist community members in their quest to understand and use today’s technology.
- Plant trees by joining a Put Down Roots in Tualatin event. Make an impact on forest diversity and stream health while meeting new people and breathing fresh air.
- Serve on a board or committee to shape the future of Tualatin. The City has seven active boards and committees that advise the City Council on the budget, parks, art, planning and more.
- Add the magic to a special event: The West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta is October 16
- Give a park or a tree a hug by removing storm debris and invasive plants from green spaces.
- Spruce Up the Library on a Friday night or Saturday morning. Chase down dust bunnies, organize collections and socialize.
- TweenTakeover, a monthly opportunity for middle school students to try out volunteering in the library.
- Bring your creativity and tech knowledge to the Makerspace and help users try out cool tools, equipment and technology during open labs in the library. Play, learn and create!
- Gather your team, work group, faith based network, club or neighbors and have some fun while doing a project in a park or along a trail. Check out the many options for team building events.
- If your time is limited and you want to stay close to home, consider Do It Yourself volunteering. DIY volunteers pick the time and place to make a difference.
Learn more and register for your autumn adventure in volunteering, www.tualatinoregon.gov/volunteer.