In May 2005, CenterCal Properties opened Bridgeport Village, Oregon’s first outdoor lifestyle center that included a collection of exclusive-to-market shops and acclaimed restaurants. The outdoor shopping center quickly became a multi-generational community gathering place with upscale shopping, popular restaurants, top-notch entertainment, and events for the whole family. Now, the beloved lifestyle center is undergoing a significant refresh which will elevate and modernize the Village.
Award-winning 505 Design is the lead design firm and Robinson Construction is the general contractor managing the build. With an investment valued at more than $35 million, the refresh will feature covered seating areas, a center court village green surrounded by new landscaping, a community stage, updated facades, and new storefronts.
“Place-making and creating comfortable four-season areas of respite are critical elements of the refresh. The additions of the heated covered canopy areas and the expansive green space for play accomplishes these goals,” states Sandra Rollinson, General Manager for CenterCal Properties. “Our open-air lifestyle center is thriving and we’re making the investment today to ensure that Bridgeport Village will continue to do so for years to come.”
“The refresh represents a meaningful reinvestment reflective of our ongoing commitment to adding best-in-class retail, restaurants, and experiences. We hope that by adding over a dozen new stores and restaurants this year, we will continue to make visiting and shopping at Bridgeport Village memorable and enjoyable for our guests,” shares Erika Plummer, Vice President of Leasing for CenterCal Properties.
New Stores and Restaurants Coming Soon
Bridgeport Village prides itself on attracting first-to-market stores as well as established local and regional shops and restaurants. Below are just a few highlights of the stores and restaurants expanding or coming soon.
- Parachute Home: Parachute Home makes premium quality home essentials (sheets, towels, robes, rugs) to enhance your life. They believe that high quality, smart design, and personal comfort shouldn’t cost a fortune – and that above all – you should start and end your day feeling your very best. (Summer/Fall 2022)
- Johnny Was: Johnny Was designs clothes that cross cultures and defy trends. With a bohemian spirit and a true sense of authenticity, Johnny Was takes inspiration from anything that is beautiful, genuine, and special—a striking piece of artwork, the luxurious hand-stitching on a vintage dress or the natural simplicity of a vibrant bougainvillea. (Summer 2022)
- Little Kitchen Academy: Focused on providing a safe, inspiring, and empowering space for children to identify, develop, and refine their senses, Little Kitchen Academy creates a foundation for a healthy lifespan through responsible eating choices. The curriculum focuses on seasonal, locally grown, and organic produce and ingredients, and students enjoy the fruits of their labor for a “scratch to consumption” experience. Sign up for early registration! littlekitchenacademy.com/locations/portland/#!/sign-up. (Summer 2022)
- The Shade Store: Handcrafted in the USA since 1946, The Shade Store provides custom window treatments made from the finest materials and exclusive designer fabrics. All orders are custom made by skilled artisans and ship free in 10 days or less. (Summer 2022)
- lululemon: Customers love the athletic wear and lifestyle apparel from lululemon at Bridgeport Village. So much so, the space is currently undergoing an expansion remodel. Guests can shop lululemon in their temporary location, located next to ME SPA, during their remodel.
- Bunk Beerhall & Arcade: The original Bunk Sandwiches opened its doors to a magical and hungry Portland in the fall of 2008, with a tip of the hat to the greatest television detective of all time, William “Bunk” Moreland on ‘The Wire.’ Praise from national media like The Food Network, Food & Wine Magazine, and Travel + Leisure has made Bunk a favorite for locals as well as a must-eat option for visitors. (Now Open)
- Madison Reed: Madison Reed started with a simple mission: to provide the best, most luxurious hair color made with ingredients you can feel good about. The company is founded on the belief that we all deserve better. Better hair color made with better ingredients, and better care for not only our hair, but for our clients and community. (Now Open)