Love May Make the World Go Round, but Commerce Greased Old Time Tualatin’s Wheel

Robinson brick store
- Advertisement -

Over the many decades that have elapsed since Tualatin’s beginning in 1887, many entrepreneurs made their living selling goods and services in the Tualatin area. Pictured are some of those businesses.

In 1879 George Saum built a water powered sawmill on Saum Creek and supplied lumber from local forests for many settlers to replace their log cabins with fine homes. Local lore tells that his oxen were so well trained he could direct them by saying “gee” or “haw.”

Full Article

- Advertisement -