1851 Tualatin Oregon Trail Pioneers

Tualatin History, November 2015
- Advertisement -

John and Catherine Hedges arrived in Oregon in 1851, after a harrowing trek across the mountains and plains. After two years’ employment as on-site managers of an Oregon City boarding house, they filed a 281 acre Tualatin land claim and moved into the log cabin they built on site. Their property straddled what is now Tualatin-Sherwood Road.

Full article